Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sgt Serge and other fun

March 8-

Liam got this cute zhu zhu pet named Sgt. Serge from his cousins for Christmas. He loves this thing! He laughs and laughs when he pushes the buttons and hears its little mousy chirps. He loves making him go. He thinks it's really funny to watch him go on the carpet because he kind of jumps along. Anyway, we decided to take the fun a step further by building Sgt. Serge a little cage, where he could freely go. Liam had fun with this for a while, but then decided it was more fun to wreck the barrier and throw cans on the floor.



Bonus! Video...


March 9-

I was asked to sing for the Relief Society birthday dinner next week and I've been struggling coming up with a song that fits the theme of the activity- 4 Seasons of Sisterhood.

(Any ideas, shout them out). Today I rewrote the lyrics to a song, thinking that it might work if I can't find something else. I took Liam downstairs to play while I practiced my song a few times.

He climbed up onto my crafting table, found some markers, and drew all over himself. It wouldn't be such a big deal except that it's permanent marker.

I'm actually kind of glad that the pants he was wearing today are way too big. He took them off right before we went downstairs. He would have ruined his pants for sure!




Bonus! Another video...


A couple of things I should probably explain: When he tells me what happened to his leg you may notice what he's doing with his hands. He loves to play patty-cake and, I guess, he has associated "markers" with "mark it with a B."

It's a little bit hard to tell in this video, but he loves to go "driving." One Sunday morning he surprised me by saying, "Driving," pointing at the steering wheel, and made the driving motion with his hands. (we have never before done "driving" with him, he just picked it up) Since then he loves showing us how he goes driving. He also likes to get inside his baby tub and pretend that it's a race car.

And, last thing- at the very end he says "gock," which I think is actually "look" meaning that he wants to see the picture I just took with the camera. This kid surprises us every day with new things he's picked up: new words or new experiences. He's just so smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment