Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Am a Child THANK YOU!



Last night was Wednesday night. What this means is Chelsie goes to Young Women, and Mike usually goes to the clerks' office to do clerking. Depending on what the Young Women are doing, Liam sometimes goes with Daddy, but is usually with Mommy. Daddy sometimes goes with Mommy, too.

Anyway, at around 8:40 Chelsie came to the clerks' office. I told her I was nearly done and would be out shortly. Ten minutes later, I found them in the Young Women room. As I walked in, Michelle, one of the Beehives, told me "Liam has been singing 'I Am a Child of God!'"

For the next several minutes until we dropped Michelle off at her home, Liam and Michelle had the following exchange over and over:
Michelle: Liam! say "I am"
Liam: Am!
Michelle: "a child"
Liam: Chi!
Michelle: "of God"
Liam: (pause, followed by a high-pitched) ... THANK YOU!! (which actually sounds like 'tankoo!')
Michelle: He was saying it before!
Michelle: Liam! say "I am"
Liam: Am!
Michelle: "a child"
Liam: Chi!
Michelle: "of God"
Liam: (pause) ... THANK YOU!!
And repeat ad infinitum.

Our sweet little child of tankoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment