Wednesday, January 12, 2011

32 days ago...

December 10... Oh, December 10! That is where it all went awry. I got a call that afternoon from my mom informing me that my grandfather was just put in the hospital and it wasn't looking good. He was without oxygen for way too long and was in a coma. Even if he did come out of the coma he would be in a vegetative state. He passed away the following day. We were planning to go home for the holiday on the 22nd- driving to Boise that night and arriving in Pocatello the next morning. Instead, though, we started out our drive on Sunday, December 12 so that we weren't driving during a work day. We packed everything up including all of my unfinished Christmas projects and drove the 12 hours. This day, though, we weren't going for holiday parties and jolly fun, but to be with family during a difficult time. The funeral was on Thursday. Whitney wrote a wonderful life sketch and we enjoyed celebrating my Grandpa's life. He was a good man and we will miss him. We know that he isn't suffering anymore and got to have holiday parties and jolly fun with his family in heaven.

Anyway, before all of that- back to December 10, we saw Santa again at Liam's pediatrician office. I think this was the real Santa, though. None of that fake beard and pillow-stuffed coat for this guy. Straight from the North Pole, I tell you!



Liam also became fascinated with shoes this day. He wore my boots all day long and tried walking in them. That. Was. Funny.

1 comment:

  1. That's for sure the real Santa. Awesome!!! I miss that little boy. Love him.

    ReplyDelete