Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mar. 2 and more of Feb. 15: Tickle Blanket and Naan

I would like to introduce you to Tickle Blanket. Tickle Blanket was my baby blanket, made for me by my great grandma, Clara Stark Nelson.

Tickle Blanket was so-named because of its tickling properties. Many people thought it was because of the yarn ties on the top side, which sports tiny blue and pink butterflies and bunnies. Those many people are wrong. The tickling occurred on the underside, the part that goes against your skin. You see, the thin fabric had little tiny bumps, so when you would run it over your hand or face (or anything), it tickled!

Well, Tickle Blanket saw me through some tough times. It wiped up my snotty nose, my tears, and was always there to keep me warm. When my dad would read "The Hobbit" to us before bedtime, I would get nightmares about Gollum living under my bed, so I would always tuck Tickle Blanket around me on all sides. And you know what? It worked! I am still alive today, thanks to TB's protective powers from being strangled in my sleep.

I was recently elated to find Tickle Blanket in our linen closet. You see, I had been deceived by Yuki into believing that she had it in San Francisco. Nope--truth of the matter is that she has Danny's baby blanket, also a Grandma Nelson special.

Well, now Liam has--and uses--TB. That scrap of cloth was so good to me, I know it has protective and healing powers, from Gollum to Sauron, from Emperor Palpatine to Darth Vader, Liam is totally safe. Even when he untucks himself.




You will also be pleased to know that I found these pictures from our trip to Seattle last 15 February. We stopped at "Naan -N- Curry" in Renton, a great Indian place we found on our honeymoon. Liam was explaining the menu to us, as he is a renowned connoisseur of Eastern cuisine.






But in the end, he opted to eat his cloth book (a most excellent selection).



No comments:

Post a Comment