Friday, February 19, 2010

Feb. 15

Monday, Feb. 15 we went to Seattle for a Valentine's Day celebration- just for the day. We went last year for Valentine's Day, too, but didn't have the little squirt. It was very fun with him.

He loved seeing all the buildings and people and flowers during the day and all the lights and horses (carriage rides) at night. We had lunch at an Indian place we randomly found while honeymooning a couple of years ago. Liam made a mess of himself, which made for a nice adventure... I don't have pictures of that part of the day... you're welcome.

Next, we went to the visitor's center to get pamphlets to plan our day. We parked on Lenora and 5th (I had to say it over and over so I wouldn't forget) and walked down to the waterfront. Mike is a rebel...


At the end of this video I was trying to read the sign on the building through the viewfinder. I finally was able to read it when I realized I could just read it without looking through the camera. What a dork, right?!


We walked around the Olympic Sculpture Park, which didn't really have a lot of sculptures. This was one of our favorites. Just kidding. We aren't quite there. We were joking that this sprinkler was the attraction. It doesn't really sound as funny now, though. Here are some of the actual sculptures.


The view of the space needle from the park.

It was a very nice day so it was fun to just walk around. Next we walked down the length of the waterfront, just watching people and window shopping. Oh wait! Before the sculptures we ran into a friend! See- Mike even shook his hand to make it official.

Okay, so after walking around the waterfront we walked over to Pike's Place Market, stopping for a McFlurry on the way. The market was closing up, so we didn't see a lot, but there also weren't a lot of people, which made walking through nice.

Finally, we finished up at the Fisherman's, a favorite restaurant on the waterfront, and had a delightful seafood meal! mmm! Liam was so fun the entire time. He is such a cutie.


Liam looks like he's mad, but he's actually giggling.



1 comment:

  1. Chels - I don't usually comment - I just come to read and see pics of YOUR Liam. But I thought maybe I'd better leave a comment so you know I was here! He's such a cutie! Thanks for letting me 'lurk'!
    Aunt Marlene

    ReplyDelete